Thanks to telehealth technology, essential healthcare services are just a few clicks away. Smartphones enable you to get medical consultations, treatment and more without leaving your home.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth – AKA the use of mobile technology to access medical information and services – is a growing industry that is expanding the reach of health care providers beyond the traditional in-person doctor’s visit.
Though it first gained popularity as a feature of home-based care for seniors, telehealth is becoming a popular method for providing personalized, holistic care wherever you are.1 Plus, it helps reduce the strain on understaffed health systems by freeing up space for the treatment of serious injuries and illnesses.
Digital diagnoses. Real improvements.
Technology is making it easier than ever to communicate with medical professionals, get diagnosed and receive treatment, all from the palm of your hand. Telehealth services include:
- Telemonitoring—direct access to a physician or care provider via text, phone call or video chat
- Virtual nursing—use of digital tools like video chatting and remote patient monitoring tools to provide nursing treatment remotely
- Virtual physical therapy—technology-based sessions for orthopedic, geriatric and neurological physical therapy
- Telepsychiatry—remote therapy consultations via direct interaction with a mental health professional
Telehealth services are essential for expanding access to healthcare for people who live in smaller communities, are home-bound or simply don’t have time to go to the doctor. Telehealth can also help target specialized areas of medicine that suffer from a lack of trained physicians or go overlooked by general practitioners.
AR, VR and the future of telehealth
Imagine getting a checkup from the comfort of your own home. With advancements in 5G technology, that may soon be a reality. New and innovative connected health platforms are developing incredible AR and VR applications for healthcare professionals to help patients with issues like pain management, physical therapy, treatment of nervous disorders like anxiety and more.2 These advancements promise an incredible improvement in the standard of medical care you can receive with your smartphone.
The future of virtual healthcare is exciting. Take advantage of the best in telehealth treatments today with the latest devices from U.S. CellularⓇ.
- Dolan, Shelagh. “Telehealth Industry Defined: The Services, Systems, Benefits, & Trends of a Growing Digital Health Segment.” Business Insider, Business Insider, 1 May 2019, www.businessinsider.com/telehealth-industry-explained.
- mHealthIntelligence. “New MHealth Platform Pushes AR, VR Services Toward Remote Care Space.” MHealthIntelligence, 5 Dec. 2019, mhealthintelligence.com/news/new-mhealth-platform-pushes-ar-vr-services-toward-remote-care-space.